The subject of the invention is the manner of and system for supporting speech recognition intended to streamline communication by persons who find it difficult to understand fast speech and improve articulation by persons who stutter. The invention is based on the detection of various types of noise which interfere with the usable speech signal and their removal from the audio signal.
Market applications and customers
The invention is used to help people with impaired temporal resolution of hearing to perceive speech, especially those who have difficulty understanding speech which is too fast and those who stutter.
Innovative aspects and main features
An electronic solution which helps people with impaired temporal resolution to perceive speech, in particular:
- Those who experience difficulties understanding speech which is too fast, a processing unit embedded in the cochlear implant of the patient;
- Those who stutter, a processing unit embedded in the speech support unit of the person who stutters;
In option two, the device is equipped with a microphone, which allows the stuttering person to hear their voice and immediately correct their pronunciation.
- Politechnika Gdańska
- Supervisor unit
Legal protection 221909
- Patent granting institution
- Urząd Patentowy Rzeczpospolitej Polskiej
- Application number
- P.396294 12-09-2011
- Patent number
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 33 times