(Field of Science):
- Automation, electronic and electrical engineering (Engineering and Technology)
- Information and communication technology (Engineering and Technology)
- Biomedical engineering (Engineering and Technology)
- Civil engineering and transport (Engineering and Technology)
- Materials engineering (Engineering and Technology)
- Mechanical engineering (Engineering and Technology)
- Pharmacology and pharmacy (Medical and Health Sciences )
- Physical culture science (Medical and Health Sciences )
- Health sciences (Medical and Health Sciences )
Ministry points: Help
|2020||70||Ministry Scored Journals List 2019|
|2019||70||Ministry Scored Journals List 2019|
- author's version of the article before the review
- author's version of the article after the review
Status table SHERPA RoMEO
|RoMEO color||Archiving policy|
|Green||can archive pre-prints and post-prints or a version of the publisher|
|Blue||can archive post-prints|
|Yellow||can archive pre-prints|
|White||can not archive any materials|
Papers published in journal
Two-criteria optimisation problem related to laparoscopic ventral hernia repair is formulated in this paper. An optimal implant from a given set and its orientation is sought. The implant is subjected to kinematic extortions due to a patient’s body movement and intra-abdominal pressure. The first criterion of the optimisation problem deals with the reaction force in the implant fastener, while the deflection of the implant constitutes...
The paper deals with issue of applying mosquito nets as implants in hernia repair, which have already been used in resource-poor developing countries. Uniaxial tensile tests have been conducted on polyester mosquito meshes in two orthogonal directions. Non-linear elastic constitutive laws parameters have been identified to be applied in dense net material models. Mechanical performance of tested mosquito nets has been compared...
Behaviour of orthotropic surgical implant in hernia repair due to the material orientation and abdomen surface deformationPublication
relation to the different range of typical deformations observed in different directions and zones of abdomen surface due to the patients’ life activities, has a significant influence on the extreme junction forces in the mesh–tissue connections and hence the repair persistence. The finite element model of the orthotropic implant was developed, and the junction forces in the connections of tissue and mesh were studied. The kinematical...
This paper presents mathematical modelling of an implanted surgical mesh used in the repair process of the abdominal hernia. The synthetic implant is simulated by a membrane structure. The author provides a material modelling of the implant based on the dense net model appropriate for technical fabrics. The accuracy of the proposed solution is evaluated by comparing the simulations of the dynamic behaviour of the system with the...
seen 84 times