(Field of Science):
- Automation, electronics, electrical engineering and space technologies (Engineering and Technology)
- Biomedical engineering (Engineering and Technology)
- Chemical engineering (Engineering and Technology)
- Civil engineering, geodesy and transport (Engineering and Technology)
- Materials engineering (Engineering and Technology)
- Mechanical engineering (Engineering and Technology)
- Environmental engineering, mining and energy (Engineering and Technology)
- Pharmacology and pharmacy (Medical and Health Sciences )
- Forestry (Agricultural sciences)
- Agriculture and horticulture (Agricultural sciences)
- Chemical sciences (Natural sciences)
(Field of Science)
Ministry points: Help
|Year 2023||100||Ministry Scored Journals List|
|2023||100||Ministry Scored Journals List|
|2022||100||Ministry Scored Journals List 2019-2022|
|2021||100||Ministry Scored Journals List 2019-2022|
|2020||100||Ministry Scored Journals List 2019-2022|
|2019||100||Ministry Scored Journals List 2019-2022|
Papers published in journal
A Bayesian regularization-backpropagation neural network (BRBPNN) model is employed to predict some aspects of the gecko spatula peeling, viz. the variation of the maximum normal and tangential pull-off forces and the resultant force angle at detachment with the peeling angle. K-fold cross validation is used to improve the effectiveness of the model. The input data is taken from finite element (FE) peeling results. The neural network...
The effect of the type of substrate and its surface treatment on the pull-off strength of gypsum plastersPublication
The influence of texturing of the surface of concrete substrate on its adhesion to cement mortar overlayPublication
The effects of heterogeneities (weak zones in particular) inadhesive joints and their importance on overall fracture propertiesare relatively unknown, but doubtlessly they may be crucial inmany applications. Using a model heterogeneous adhesive bond,represented by a given mixture of regions of strong and weakadhesion, we have studied the influence of interface variabilityon overall fracture energy (global energy release rate)....
Formation and Growth of the Crack in Bonded Joints Under Mode I Fracture: Substrate Deflection at Crack VicinityPublication
Adhesive bonding is now commonly used in aircraft, cars, boats, etc. In these applications, thin panels are often bonded. In such thin structures, heterogeneous mechanical loading along the bondline edge (or potential crack front), is likely to arise due to 3D structural effects. The crack front and its vicinity is a special region, in that it is where structural properties of the adherend material meet those of the adhesive (discontinuity)....
A strain gauge technique recently developed with the wedge test, for estimating crack length and, thus, the fracture energy of structural adhesive bonding, has been employed on a system in which one adherend had two types of surface treatment. Simple polishing and polishing with subsequent sandblasting were the treatments used, with a distinct straight line, perpendicular to the sample edges, separating the two. Despite the clear-cut...
seen 794 times