In this paper we present a novel e-learning services management system, designed to provide highly modifiable platform for various e-learning tools, able to fulfill its function in any network connectivity conditions (including no connectivity scenario). The system can scale from very simple setup (adequate for servicing a single exercise) to a large, distributed solution fit to support an enterprise. Strictly modular architecture allows users to employ only a selected set of its mechanisms and extremely easily integrate it with third-party solutions. The selection of employed modules depends completely on user needs - there is no mandatory control module or management platform which must be present. The functionality and communication requirements of the system can be very diverse, as new modules can be easily created or third-party solutions integrated. In the practical deployment of the system we utilized a number of knowledge assessment client modules. A separate part of the paper is devoted to a successful and efficient employment of videoconferencing services as an e-learning tool, due to the integration with an advanced videoconferencing system, designed specifically for Future Internet environment, able to provide HD quality video dedicated for e-learning tasks.
Web of Science
full text is not available in portal
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- 8th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks & Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP 2012) strony 1 - 6
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Gierłowski K., Nowicki K., Pieklik W., Pawałowski P..: An integrated e-learning services management system providing HD videoconferencing and CAA services, W: 8th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks & Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP 2012), 2012, ,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1109/csndsp.2012.6292761
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 26 times