The research presents the application of electronic nose (combined with MLR model) to on-line effectiveness monitoring of biofiltration of air contaminated with hydrophobic, odorous compound (toluene vapors). The research was conducted using two-section biotrickling filter inhabited by Candida environmental isolates. Gas chromatography was used as the comparative technique to obtain reliable quantification of toluene concentration in the samples. After about 200 hours of the process, a removal efficiency of 49% was obtained.
Web of Science
- Conference activity
- publikacja w wydawnictwie zbiorowym recenzowanym (także w materiałach konferencyjnych)
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Szulczyński B., Rybarczyk P., Gębicki J.: Application of electronic nose to effectiveness monitoring of air contaminated with toluene vapors biofiltration process// The 10th Jubilee Scientific Conference – InfoGlob 2018/ ed. Jean-Marc Quilbé Francja: EDP Sciences, 2018, s.1-8
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1051/shsconf/20185702014
- Sources of funding:
- Grant No. UMO-2015/19/B/ST4/02722 from the National Science Centre, Poland.
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 44 times