The purpose of this paper is to present a new method of femur part modeling by using the finite element method. This method treats a femur part as a system composed of cortical and trabecular bone. For the purpose of determining a proper shape of femur part model there were created three models: a) the first one describes a femur part as a solid structure; b) the second one describes a femur part as a connection of cortical bone shell and trabecular bone modeled as a shell bar-connector scaffold; c) the third one describes a femur part as a connection of cortical bone shell and trabecular bone modeled as a solid bar-connector scaffold.
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- Shell Structures: Theory and Applications. - Tom 3 strony 359 - 362
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Wojnicz W., Olszewski H., Wittbrodt E..: Chosen aspects of skeletal system modeling: Numerical solid and shell models of femur part, W: Shell Structures: Theory and Applications. - Tom 3, 2014, CRC Press,.
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 19 times