In this paper we propose a method for answering class 1 and class 2 questions (out of 5 classes defined by Moldovan for TREC conference) based on DBpedia and YAGO. Our method is based on generating dependency trees for the query. In the dependency tree we look for paths leading from the root to the named entity of interest. These paths (referenced further as fibers) are candidates for representation of actual user intention. The analysis of the question consists of three stages: query analysis, query breakdown and information retrieval. During these stages the entities of interest, their attributes and the question domain are detected and the question is converted into a SPARQL query against the DBpedia and YAGO databases. Improvements to the methods are presented and we discuss the quality of the modified solution. We present a system for evaluation of the implemented methods, showing that the methods are viable for use in real applications. We discuss the results and indicate future directions of the work.
Web of Science
LicenseCopyright (Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018)
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- 10th International Conference on Computational Collective Intelligence (ICCCI) strony 383 - 392
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Boiński T., Szymański J., Dudek B., Zalewski P., Dompke S., Czarnecka M..: DBpedia and YAGO Based System for Answering Questions in Natural Language, W: 10th International Conference on Computational Collective Intelligence (ICCCI), 2018, Springer,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1007/978-3-319-98443-8_35
- Sources of funding:
- Działalność statusowa
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 35 times