This article presents the performance of the modified Prony method in a swath mapping application. Depth determination accuracy is assessed by processing raw signal acquired by an EdgeTech 6205 swath bathymetry system over flat seafloor. An updated version of the method, proposed previously by the authors, is used to determine the number of signal echoes. The number of signal echoes is essential for performing the low-rank approximation of the data matrix in the modified Prony method. The achieved accuracy results are also compared to the results of other methods applied to the same signal and International Hydrographic Organization standards.
Web of Science
full text is not available in portal
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- 2018 Joint Conference - Acoustics strony 1 - 6
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Grall P., Marszal J..: Depth Determination Accuracy of the Modified Prony Method in a Swath Mapping Application, W: 2018 Joint Conference - Acoustics, 2018, ,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1109/acoustics.2018.8502328
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 58 times