In high voltage power cable systems a problem of induced sheath voltages exist. Due to these voltages electric shock and damage of non-metallic outer sheath of the cables may occur. Exposure to voltage of the outer sheath may be very high in case of earth fault with high value of earth current. In order to reduce induced sheath voltages an earth continuity conductor (conductors) along power cables is applied. Configuration of this conductor is very important for reducing induced voltages as well. This paper considers the effect of earth continuity conductor configurations on induced sheath voltages in power cables. The calculations of the voltages are based on a power cable system to be applied in a local power system.
Web of Science
full text is not available in portal
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- International Conference on Information and Digital Technologies (IDT) strony 59 - 63
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Czapp S., Dobrzyński K., Klucznik J., Lubośny Z..: Impact of configuration of earth continuity conductor on induced sheath voltages in power cables, W: International Conference on Information and Digital Technologies (IDT), 2016, ,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1109/dt.2016.7557150
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 35 times