The paper concerns technology of automatic emotion recognition applied in e-learning environment. During a study of e-learning process the authors applied facial expressions observation via multiple video cameras. Preliminary analysis of the facial expressions using automatic emotion recognition tools revealed several unexpected results, including unavailability of recognition due to face coverage and significant inconsistency between the results obtained from two cameras. The paper presents the experiment on e-learning process and summarizes the observations that constitute limitations of emotion recognition from facial expressions applied in e-learning context. The paper might be of interest to researchers and practitioners who consider automatic emotion recognition as an option in monitoring e-learning processes.
Web of Science
full text is not available in portal
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Education strony 383 - 389
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Landowska A., Brodny G., Wróbel M..: Limitations of Emotion Recognition from Facial Expressions in e-Learning Context, W: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Education, 2017, Scitepress,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.5220/0006357903830389
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 125 times