In this paper the results of the cone penetration test (CPT) modeling with the arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian (ALE) formulation provided by Abaqus software package have been presented. The study compares the cone resistance and sleeve friction obtained in numerical analysis with values measured in soundings performed in the uniform layer of clayey soil in the Koszalin area. The clay layer was found to be slightly overconsolidated with OCR ranging from 3.5 to 4.5. The subsoil parameters used in the numerical model are based on laboratory tests data and the complementary CPT estimation. Evaluation of the most important factors influencing the numerical solution such as friction on the probe-soil interface and the undrained shear strength of the clay have been discussed. The possibilities of ALE method for soil parameters calibration are introduced and future challenges in large deformation problems modeling due to penetration issues are described.
Web of Science
full text is not available in portal
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Published in:
pages 273 - 278,
- Title of issue:
- Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on the Material Point Method (MPM 2017) strony 273 - 278
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Konkol J., Bałachowski L..: Numerical Modeling of Cone Penetration Test in Slightly Overconsolidated Clay with Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian Formulation, W: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on the Material Point Method (MPM 2017), 2017, Elsevier Ltd.,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.01.023
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 46 times