The paper presents resonance phenomena observed in 400 kV transmission lines in the Polish power system. Two events are analysed, when shunt reactors used for reactive power compensation, caused overvoltages and overcurrent protection tripping as a result of resonance. An oscillographic fault recordings from protection devices are compared to time domain simulation results. The obtained simulation results match fault recordings, which allows the cause of the observed disturbances to be explained. The paper indicates resonance risks which should be avoided to ensure safe power system operation.
Web of Science
full text is not available in portal
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- 2017 IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering and 2017 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Europe (EEEIC / I&CPS Europe) strony 335 - 340
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Klucznik J., Lubośny Z., Dobrzyński K., Czapp S..: Resonance problems in UHV transmission lines, W: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering and 2017 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Europe (EEEIC / I&CPS Europe), 2017, ,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1109/eeeic.2017.7977452
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 16 times