This paper describes a sensorless Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (IPMSM) drive designed for traction applications. Wide-speed sensorless operation is provided with the use of three methods of rotor position estimation designed for: a standstill, low- and high-speed range. The paper focuses on the high-speed estimation algorithm. The estimator uses the derivatives of motor phase currentsresulting from PWM modulation to obtain the rotor position. The algorithm is characterized by very simple formulae. The calculation of the rotor position is performed in every PWM cycle. However, the determination of phase current derivatives requires a special current measurement algorithm in which sampling is coordinated with inverter transistors switching. The basis of the algorithm is presented, accompanied by an error analysis. The current sampling issues are reviewed and the laboratory test results are given and discussed.
full text is not available in portal
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics :ISIE 2011, Gdańsk, Poland, 27-30 June, 2011[dokument elektroniczny, dane tekstowe] strony 733 - 738
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Jarzębowicz L..: Sensorless IPMSM drive with rotor position estimator based on analysis of phase current derivatives, W: Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics :ISIE 2011, Gdańsk, Poland, 27-30 June, 2011[dokument elektroniczny, dane tekstowe], 2011, ,.
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 22 times