The paper describes two-dimensional meso-scale results of fracture in notched concrete beams under bending. Concrete was modelled as a random heterogeneous 4-phase material composed of aggregate particles, cement matrix, interfacial transitional zones and air voids. Within continuum mechanics, the simulations were carried out with the finite element method based on a isotropic damage constitutive model enhanced by a characteristic length of micro-structure. In addition, the discrete element method was used. The concrete micro- structure in calculations was directly taken from real concrete specimens based on 3D x-ray micro-computed tomography images and 2D images by the scanning electron microscope.
full text is not available in portal
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- XIII International Conference on Computational Plasticity – Fundamentals and Applications COMPLAS 2015 strony 1065 - 1076
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Nitka M., Skarżyński Ł., Tejchman-Konarzewski A..: SIMULATIONS OF FRACTURE IN CONCRETE BEAMS UNDER BENDING USING A CONTINUUM AND DISCRETE APPROACH, W: XIII International Conference on Computational Plasticity – Fundamentals and Applications COMPLAS 2015 , 2015, International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering (CIMNE) Barcelona, Spain,.
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 41 times