The GeoTIFF image presents detected microalgae bloom observed in the Baltic Sea on 25.07.2014. The image has been obtained from the raw AVHRR sensor bands 1 (0.58-0.68 μm) and 2 (0.725-1.0 μm). The resulting single-band raster has been masked to remove all pixels outside of the Baltic Sea region. Pixel values between -0.2 and -0.23 depict progressively higher microalgae concentrations. The image has been verified by comparison with Alg@line measurements, which show a semi-linear corellation between microalgae bloom concentration levels and the value of phycocyanin (PC) reflectance recorded during the same time period.
Detailed information may be found in the assiciated article.
- Year of publication:
- Dataset language:
- Fields of science:
- Information and communication technology (Engineering and Technology)
- Oceanography (Earth sciences)
- Environmental engineering, mining and energy (Engineering and Technology)
- 10.34808/x828-7w27 open in new tab
- Quantum GIS
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 75 times