This series contains datasets related to the forecasting of a severe weather event, a derecho, in Poland on 11 August 2017. The simulations were conducted using the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model version 4.2.1 with initial and boundary conditions from ERA5 on model levels. Simulation was performed for two starting hours: at 00:00 and 12:00 UTC. The datasets contain about 280 meteorological parameters stored as 2D or 3D fields in 3 domains with high-spatial (12.5 km, 2.5 km and 0.5 km domains) and temporal (1 hour, 10 minutes, 10 minutes) resolutions. The three-dimensional fields are calculated up to 50 hPa at 50 levels. All data are stored in easily accessible NetCDF files.
Fig. Geographical localisation of the WRF domains on the background on maximum reflectivity
derived from the WRF+ERA5 simulation at 20:00 UTC, 11th August 2017.
CC BY-NC-SANon-commercial - Share-alike
- Year of publication:
- Verification date:
- Dataset language:
- Fields of science:
- Environmental engineering, mining and energy (Engineering and Technology)
- Civil engineering and transport (Engineering and Technology)
- Earth and related environmental sciences (Natural sciences)
- DOI ID 10.34808/fkmj-dh09 open in new tab
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 25 times