Assessing Effectiveness of Recommendations to Requirements-Related Problems through Interviews with Experts
Requirements Engineering and Business Analysis are known as very important to software project outcome but also difficult activities, coping with many problems and challenges. The work reported in this paper was preceded by a survey which revealed most common requirements-related problems in Polish IT industry. We addressed ten most frequently reported problems by reviewing the literature for recommen¬dations how to cope with those problems. The resulting set of recommendations is included in the paper. Next, we conducted interviews with three experienced IT analysts asking them to assess effectiveness of particular recommendations, based on their experience. The results show significant differences in assessments and indicate that effectiveness is dependent on contextual factors to a large extent. Our conclusion is that a follow-up work is required to document more recommenda-tions and to annotate them with guidelines about applicability, intended context of use and possible pitfalls.
Web of Science
- Magazine publication
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Published in:
Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems
pages 959 - 968,
- Title of issue:
- Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems strony 959 - 968
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Jarzębowicz A., Ślesiński W..: Assessing Effectiveness of Recommendations to Requirements-Related Problems through Interviews with Experts, W: Proceedings of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, 2018, ,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.15439/2018f85
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 5 times