A hybrid technique combining finite-element and mode-matching methods for the analysis of scattering problems in open and closed areas is presented. The main idea of the analysis is based on the utilization of the finite-element method to calculate the post impedance matrix and combine it with external excitation. The discrete analysis, which is the most time- and memory-consuming, is limited here only to the close proximity of the scatterer. Moreover, once the impedance matrix is calculated, any rotation or shifting of the post can be performed without the need for structure recalculation. All the obtained results have been verified by comparison with simulations performed using the hybrid finite-difference-modematching method and commercial software.
Web of Science
LicenseCopyright (2018 Informa UK Limited, trading as Taylor & Francis Group)
- artykuł w czasopiśmie wyróżnionym w JCR
- Published in:
JOURNAL OF ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES AND APPLICATIONS
pages 1 - 15,
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Kowalczyk P., Lech R., Warecka M., Kusiek A.: Electromagnetic plane wave scattering from a cylindrical object with an arbitrary cross section using a hybrid technique// JOURNAL OF ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES AND APPLICATIONS. -Vol. 33, iss. 2 (2019), s.1-15
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1080/09205071.2018.1532323
- Bibliography: test
- Tsang L, Kong JA, Ding K-H. Scattering of Electromagnetic Waves: Theories and Applications, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2002. open in new tab
- Elsherbeni AZ, Hamid M, Tian G. Iterative scattering of a Gaussian beam by an array of circular conducting and dielectric cylinders Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications Vol. 7, No. 10, pp. 1323-1342, 1993. open in new tab
- Nielsen ED. Scattering by a cylindrical post of complex permittivity in a waveguide IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 17, pp. 148-153, March 1969. open in new tab
- Gesche R, Lochel N. Scattering by a lossy dielectric cylinder in a rectangular waveguide IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 36, pp. 137-144, Jan. 1988. open in new tab
- Harumi K. Scattering of Plane Waves by a Rigid Ribbon in a Solid, Journal of Applied Physics Vol. 32, pp. 1488-1497, Aug. 1961. open in new tab
- Bowman JJ, Senior TBA, and Uslenghi PLE. Electromagnetic and Acoustic Scattering by Simples Shapes, John Wiley and Sons, Amsterdam, 1969. open in new tab
- Yamashita E, Analysis Methods for Electromagnetic Wave Problems, Artech House, Norwood, 1990.
- Mitri FG. Acoustic scattering of a cylindrical quasi-Gaussian beam with arbitrary incidence focused on a rigid elliptical cylinder, Journal of Applied Physics Vol. 118, pp. 184902-184902, 2015. open in new tab
- Mitri FG. Acoustic backscattering and radiation force on a rigid elliptical cylinder in plane progressive waves, Vol. 66, pp. 27-33, March 2016. open in new tab
- Valero A, Ferrando M. Full-wave equivalent network representation for multiple arbitrary shaped posts in H- plane waveguide IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, pp. 1997-2002, October 1999. open in new tab
- Okamoto Naomichi. Matrix formulation of scattering by a homogeneous gyrotropic cylinder, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 18, no. 5, p. 642-649, Sep. 1970.
- Zouros GP, Kokkorakis GC. Electromagnetic Scattering by an Inhomogeneous Gyroelectric Sphere Using Vol- ume Integral Equation and Orthogonal Dini-Type Basis Functions, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Prop- agation, vol. 63, no. 6, p. 2665-2676, June 2015. open in new tab
- Libo Wang, Lianlin Li, Yunhua Tan. A Novel Approximate Solution for Electromagnetic Scattering by Dielectric Disks, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 53, no. 5, p. 2948-2955, May 2015. open in new tab
- Quesada Pereira FD, Romera Perez A, Vera Castejon P, Alvarez Melcon A. Integral-Equation Formulation for the Analysis of Capacitive Waveguide Filters Containing Dielectric and Metallic Arbitrarily Shaped Objects and Novel Applications, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 63, no. 12, p. 3862-3873, Dec. 2015.
- Brick Y, Lomakin V, Boag A. Fast Green's Function Evaluation for Sources and Observers Near Smooth Convex Bodies, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 62, no. 6, p. 3374-3378, June 2014. open in new tab
- Aydogan A, Akleman F. Analysis of Direct and Inverse Problems Related to Circular Waveguides Loaded With Inhomogeneous Lossy Dielectric Objects, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 62, no. 6, p. 1291-1300, June 2014. open in new tab
- Okuno Y, Yasuura K. Numerical algorithm based on the mode-matching method with a singular-smoothing procedure for analyzing edge-type scattering problems, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 30, no. 4, p. 580-587, Jul 1982. open in new tab
- Gibson WC. The Method of Moments in Electromagnetics, CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group, 2015. open in new tab
- Lech R, Kowalczyk P, Kusiek A. Scattering From a Cylindrical Object of Arbitrary Cross Section With the Use of Field Matching Method, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 64, no. 11, p. 4883-4887, Nov. 2016. open in new tab
- Davidson DB. Computational Electromagnetics for RF and Microwave Engineering, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, New York, 2011. open in new tab
- Toflove A, Hagness SC. Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method, Third Edition, Artech House, Boston and London, 2005. open in new tab
- Xin-Qing Sheng, Jian-Ming Jin, Jiming Song, Cai-Cheng Lu and Weng Cho Chew. On the formulation of hybrid finite-element and boundary-integral methods for 3-D scattering, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 46, no. 3, p. 303-311, Mar 1998.
- Rubio J, Arroyo J, Zapata J. Analysis of passive microwave circuits by using a hybrid 2-D and 3-D finite-element mode-matching method, IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., vol. 47, no. 9, p. 1746-1749, Sep 1999. open in new tab
- Arena D, Ludovico M, Manara G, Monorchio A. A hybrid mode matching/FEM technique with edge ele- ments for solving waveguides discontinuity problems, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium. 2000, pp. 2028-2031 vol. 4. open in new tab
- Gonzalez de Aza MA, Encinar JA, Zapata J, Lambea M. Full-wave analysis of cavity-backed and probe-fed microstrip patch arrays by a hybrid mode-matching generalized scattering matrix and finite-element method, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 234-242, Feb 1998. open in new tab
- Polewski M, Lech R, Mazur J. Rigorous modal analysis of structures containing inhomogeneous dielectric cylinders, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 52, no. 5, p. 1508-1516, May 2004. open in new tab
- Varadan VK, Varadan VV. Acoustic, Electromagnetic and Elastic Wave ScatteringFocus on the T-matrix Approach, Pergamon, New York, 1980.
- Lech R, Mazur J. Tunable Waveguide Filter with Bow-Tie Metallic Posts, IEE Proceedings -Microwaves, Antenna and Propagation, vol. 151, no. 2, April 2004, p. 156-160; open in new tab
- Kusiek A, Lech R, Mazur J. A New Hybrid Method for Analysis of Scattering From Arbitrary Configuration of Cylindrical Objects, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 6, p. 1725-1733, June 2008. open in new tab
- Kusiek A, Mazur J. Application of Hybrid Finite-Difference Mode-Matching Method to Analysis of Structures Loaded with Axially-Symmetrical Posts, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 53, no. 1, p. 189-194, Jan. 2011. open in new tab
- Pozar DM. Microwave Engineering, 4th Edition, Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley 2012.
- Cham Kiong Queck, Davis LE. Self-biased hexagonal ferrite coupled line circulators, Electronics Letters, vol. 39, no. 22, p. 1595-1597, 30 Oct. 2003.
- Baden Fuller AJ. Ferrites at microwave frequencies. Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London UK, 1986.
- Lech R, Kusiek A, Mazur J. Tuning Properties of Irregular Posts in Waveguide Junction -Tunable Filter Application, 18th International Conference on Microwave, Radar and Wireless Communications MIKON-2010, Lithuania, Vilnius, 14-16 June 2010, p. 705-708.
- Kusiek A, Lech R, Mazur J. Hybrid Technique for the Analysis of Scattering from Periodic Structures Composed of Irregular Objects, Prog. Electromagn. Res., PIER 135, p. 657-675, 2013. open in new tab
- Sources of funding:
- Project Electromagnetic Design of fexIble SensOrs
- Działalność statusowa
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 30 times