The excessive wear of a journal shaft can be caused by many factors, for example, working conditions (e.g., temperaturę, slip speed, the type of lubricant), pressure, the type of material used on the bearings and shafts and their roughness, as well as contamination remaining in the system. This paper presents the roughness profiles co-operating with a rubber (NBR) and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) bushes. The conditions of cooperation between the two materials tested in the sliding combination with the stainless steel journal were the same in each pair of bearings (PV); therefore, the comparison of their wear depends only on the material properties of the bush and the deformation of the journal shaft caused by the bending moment. To assess the size of the journal shaft, they were tested using a profilograph. In addition to the journal shaft, bearings were also evaluated, the wear level of which was noticed without the use of specialized equipment.
Web of Science
- artykuły w czasopismach recenzowanych i innych wydawnictwach ciągłych
- Published in:
pages 29 - 35,
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Piątkowska E.: A COMPARISON OF WEAR PROPERTIES OF WATER LUBRICATED NBR AND PTFE SLIDING BEARINGS// TRIBOLOGIA. -Vol. 283., nr. 1 (2019), s.29-35
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.5604/01.3001.0013.1433
- Bibliography: test
- Sun J., Changlin G.: Hydrodynamic lubrication analysis of journal bearing considering misalignment caused by shaft deformation, Tribology International., Vol. 37, 2004, 841-848. open in new tab
- Vulić N., Šestan A., Cvitnić V.: Modelling of propulsion shaft line and basic procedure of shafting Alignment calculation, Brodogradnja, Vol. 59, 2008, 223-227.
- Orndorff R.L.: Water lubricated rubber bearings, history and new developments, Naval Engineers Journal, Vol. 97, No. 7, 1985, 39-52. open in new tab
- Orndorff R.L., Foster L., Sheppert R.: From lab to field: New high performance water lubricated bearings, World Tribology Congress III, Vol. 2, 2005, 55-56. open in new tab
- Litwin W.: Influence of local bush wear on water lubricated sliding bearing load carrying capacity, Tribology International, Vol. 61, 2010, 130-141. open in new tab
- Litwin W.: Influence of main design parameters of ship propeller shaft water-lubricated bearings on their properties, Polish Maritime Research 4(67), Vol. 17, 2010, 39-45. open in new tab
- Litwin W.: Influence of local bush wear on properties of water lubricated marine stern tube bearings, Polish Maritime Research 1(68), Vol. 18, 2011, 32-36. open in new tab
- Hua Xijin, Wang Jiaxu, Zhu Juanjan, Liu Wen Ji: Study on triological behawior of water-lubricated bearings, Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2008, 115-121.
- Harish Hirani, Manish Verma, Tribological study of elastomeric bearings for marine propeller shaft system, Tribology International, Vol. 42, 2009, 378-390. open in new tab
- Hirani H., Verma M.: Tribological study of elastomeric bearings for marine propeller shaft system, Tibology International, Vol. 42, 2009, 378-390. open in new tab
- Polak A.: Przenoszenie materiału w łożysku ślizgowym stal-tworzywo sztuczne, Politechnika Krakowska im. Tadeusza Kościuszki, pp. 21-34, 1998, 109-135.
- Conglin Dong, Lichun Shi, Lvzhou Li, Xiuqin Bai, Chengqing Yuan, Yu Tian: Stick-slip of water-lubricated polymer stern tube bearing materials during starting process, Tribology International, Manuscript Draft. open in new tab
- Kikkawa F., Uchida Y., Fujita K., Yano A., Kawazoe T., Sada H.: Study on damage of propeller shaft sleeve for seawater lubricated rubber bearing -2nd Report, Translated from Journal of the JIME, Vol. 43, No. 2, 2008. (Original Japanese) open in new tab
- You-Qiang Wang, Xiu-Jiang Shi, Li-Jing Zhang: Experimental and numerical study on water-lubricated rubber bearings, Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, Vol. 66, Iss 2, 2014, 282-288. open in new tab
- Šverko D., Šestan A.: Experimental determination of stern tube journal bearing behaviour, Brodo Gradnja, Vol. 61, 2010, 130-141.
- Litwin W.: Experimental research on water lubricated three layer sliding bearing with lubrication grooves in the upper part of the bush and its comparison with a rubber bearing, Tribology International, Vol. 82, 2015, 153-161. open in new tab
- Kikkawa F.: Performance enhancement of seawater lubricated stern tube bearings -PTFE bearing optimal for environmental conservation and energy saving, Translated from Journal of the JIME, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2011. (Original Japanese) open in new tab
- Piatkowska E.: Evaluating the influence of bending stress on a 1H18N9 steel shaft wear process in a water lubricated sliding bearing with a rubber bushing, Tribologia, Vol. 6, 2017, 79-85. open in new tab
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 86 times