In this paper trajectory for approaching during emergency STS transfer operation with oil spill is considered as a sequence of navigation manoeuvres in specific navigational environment. The designed way points - ship positions and speed are determined as reference values to support navigator in decision making during steering and to mitigate the risk of collision which mostly results from exceeding the speed limit of approaching. To prevent this, the values of position and speed in each way points are determined with respect to specific manoeuvring procedure during STS approaching and by taking into account constraints resulting from ship’s manoeuvre of stopping and speed deceleration performance included in manoeuvring booklet. Additional constraints result from STS transfer operation guide and navigation practise. The task of trajectory planning is defined as optimization process to minimize trajectory length, course alteration and maximize safety.
Web of Science
- Publication version
- Accepted or Published Version
- Copyright (2017 Springer International Publishing AG)
- Conference activity
- materiały konferencyjne indeksowane w Web of Science
- Title of issue:
- Trends in Advanced Intelligent Control, Optimization and Automation. KKA 2017 strony 514 - 523
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Witkowska A., Śmierzchalski R., Wilczynski P..: Trajectory planning for Service Ship during emergency STS transfer operation, W: Trends in Advanced Intelligent Control, Optimization and Automation. KKA 2017, 2017, ,.
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.1007/978-3-319-60699-6_50
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 46 times