In the article the assumptions, design and realization of the technological demonstrator of a mobile device for generating an electromagnetic curtain (with a cryptonym AEGIS) were presented, both in the area of hardware and software. The device is designed to block the radio communication systems by which it is possible to detonate the Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Devices (RCIEDs). The preliminary laboratory tests of the demonstrator for generating the jamming signal, that were presented in the paper, aimed at assessing the correctness of the device operation and verification of generated signal parameters. On the basis of the obtained results, the ability to jam the cellular systems as well as other radio devices operating in the frequency band from 400 MHz to 2700 MHz was assessed.
Web of Science
- artykuły w czasopismach
- Published in:
International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications
pages 187 - 192,
- Publication year:
- Bibliographic description:
- Rajchowski P., Cwalina K., Magiera J., Olejniczak A., Kosz P., Czapiewska A., Burczyk R., Kowalewski K., Sadowski J., Ambroziak S.: AEGIS – Mobile Device for Generating Electromagnetic Curtain for Special Applications and Countering the Threats of RCIED// International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications -Vol. 66,iss. 1 (2020), s.187-192
- Digital Object Identifier (open in new tab) 10.24425/ijet.2020.131862
- Bibliography: test
- S. Ambroziak, R. Katulski, J. Sadowski, J. Stefański, "Device for forming the radio signal (in polish)", Patent Office of the Republic of Poland, exclusive right number: 220907.
- J. Magiera, "Simulation of wideband jamming signal generator for protection against the RCIED (in polish)", Telecommunication Review and Telecommunication News, vol. 6, pp. 521-524, July 2017, DOI: 10.15199/59.2017.6.85. open in new tab
- J. Magiera, "Wideband Signal Generation for Jamming Radio-Controlled Improvised Explosive Devices", 41st International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP), 2018, pp. 607-610. DOI: 10.1109/tsp.2018.8441327 open in new tab
- E. V. McDonald, T. Bullard, "Military Geosciences and Desert Warfare", Springer, 2017. open in new tab
- P. Rajchowski, K. K. Cwalina, P. Kosz, S. Ambroziak. Mobile Device for Generating Electromagnetic Curtain for Special Applications, Conference materials, CBRNe Convergence, Indianapolis, 2017, USA. open in new tab
- P. Rajchowski, K. K. Cwalina , J. Magiera, P. T. Kosz, A. Czapiewska, R. Burczyk, J. Sadowski, S. J. Ambroziak, "AEGIS -Mobile Device for Generating an Electromagnetic Curtain for Special Applications and Protection Against the RCIED (in polish)", Telecommunication Review and Telecommunication News, vol. 6, pp. 366-369, July 2019, DOI: 10.15199/59.2019.6.52. open in new tab
- H. Schubert, A. Rimski-Korsakov, "Stand-Off Detection of Suicide Bombers and Mobile Subjects", Springer, 2005. open in new tab
- K. Wilgucki, R. Urban, G. Baranowski, P. Grądzki, P. Skarżyński, "Automated Protection System Against RCIED", Military Communication Institute, 2011.
- Xilinx, "Technical datasheet, AXI DMA v7.1, LogiCORE IP Product Guide". Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, 2018.
- Xilinx, " Processing System 7 v5.5, LogiCORE IP Product Guide". Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, 2017.
- Xilinx, "AXI Interconnect v2.1, LogiCORE IP Product Guide". Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, 2017.
- Sources of funding:
- Verified by:
- Gdańsk University of Technology
seen 32 times